Today’s daily prompt asks, “what are the five items you must have on a deserted island.” This question can go so many different ways. Are they the five most basic items in order to simply survive? If the basics are taken care of, what five items would be necessary to make being on a deserted island enjoyable? Okay, I’m making a mountain out of a mole hill.
1. A clean, secure water source – without water there isn’t much need for anything else.
2. A clean, secure food source – with food and water hygiene necessities can be improvised.
3. a clean, secure shelter – preferably with a door that locks. Even on a deserted island I still need a door that locks. I’m paranoid that way.
4. The complete works of William Shakespeare – this counts as one right?
5. A lifetime supply of Jameson – again this counts as one, right? Why am I hearing so much laughter?
So, there’s my attempt at determining what I would have to have. If the basics (water, food, shelter) were not an issue, then of course I could get much more creative: George Clooney, a pair of handcuffs, oh, and some music. Bolero perhaps.