Alexis looked from the ring to Tyler’s expectant gaze. It was clear, dazzling with fire and perfect. She nodded her head in acceptance, but she had hoped to worm out a bigger carat.
– – – – – –
This bit of foolishness is courtesy of Trifecta Writing Challenge.
Now on to the weekly challenge. Remember, we’re now looking for exactly 33 words.
Good luck and happy writing!
WORM (transitive verb)
1a : to proceed or make (one’s way) insidiously or deviously<worm their way into positions of power — Bill Franzen>
b : to insinuate or introduce (oneself) by devious or subtle means
c : to cause to move or proceed in or as if in the manner of a worm
2 : to wind rope or yarn spirally round and between the strands of (a cable or rope) before serving
• Your response must be exactly 33 words.
• You must use the 3rd definition of the given word in your post.
• The word itself needs to be included in your response.
• You may not use a variation of the word; it needs to be exactly as stated above.
• Only one entry per writer.
• If your post doesn’t meet our requirements, please leave your link in the comments section, not in the linkz.
• Trifecta is open to everyone. Please join us.
– See more at: http://www.trifectawritingchallenge.com/#sthash.EtA6JrC4.dpuf